Introduction and my current favorite game.

Hello, my name is Leon, and I am a second-year student at TUD studying Creative Digital Media. One of many reasons why I picked this course was the wide range of topics it covers and the opportunities it creates for future careers. The course covers anything from video creation, editing to web design, programming and everything in between.

After one year of study, I can confidently say that I am happy with my choice and that I am truly enjoying the course and interactions between students.

Before I came to Ireland, I used to live in Poland. After moving here, I went into Transition Year at a secondary school followed by 5th year and later completing my Leaving Certificate.

It was in TY where I got into the world of computers and started playing PC games. From the very beginning my favourite game type were first person shooter games. I started off with a classic: Counter Strike: Global Offensive, then moved on to Overwatch and the FarCry franchise.

Counter Strike: Global Offensive banner. Image sourced from: blog.counter-strike.net

After a few years my taste matured and I left Overwatch to put more time into CS:GO. Currently, thanks to my course mates I have tried out Valorant, one of the newer FPS games. I knew about its existence since it came out early June in 2020, but never got to try it. Now that I have tried it and can form an opinion on the game, I am confident is stating that, Valorant is my favourite game at the moment. There is still a lot left for me to master, but thanks to my previous experience with FPS games, I should be able to get the hang of it relatively quickly.

To quickly sum up: since coming to Ireland, I have not only gained plenty interesting experiences, but also made irreplaceable bonds with friends and found new interests like PC games, photography, image manipulation and many more. 

Comments

  1. hey, I chose the course for the exact same reason as you did lol, Its great that it offers so many different options in terms of career paths to choose and that you get to try a bit of everything before really focusing on one thing. Im also a massive fan of fps games, ps if you haven already give the new FarCry 6 a shot. Its pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Aaron, glad you enjoyed reading through my post. I have not tried FarCry 6 yet, but I have played FarCry3, 4 and 5. So far I think the third part of the franchise is the one that I enjoyed the most. That might have to do with the fact that this was the first single player game with a good story that I have ever played.

      Delete
  2. It's great to see all the bonds you have gained here in Cavan :) It's also great to hear your able to have a lot of fun playing your favourite games, if I wasn't absolute trash at every first person shooter ever I would be getting into them lobbies and squaring up, but sadly I would probably die from fall damage before the game even begins, maybe someday we can have a casual game with a load of friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jack. Appreciate the comment. I love all my friends I have gained here in this course and can't wait to spend even more time with you guys. As to the game related section of your comment, I would not mind playing a few games with you, TF2 maybe. Let me know if you want to play anything I should be able to make time for that.

      Delete
  3. Hey. I also chose this course because of its wide options of careers since i don't really want to do only one thing for the rest of my life. This way i can focus on web development but have skills for other fun things too. I haven't played any of the games mentioned but thats because im not into shooter games. Either way im glad you are enjoying your favourite games and im sure youll be amaster in no time

    ReplyDelete
  4. yooo Verva x i too thought this course would be great for it wide choice of options and variety. I remember the days where you and Eoghan would teach me how to play Counter Strike feels like such a long time ago now. Glhf with the rest of the course and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Adam you legend. Thank you for commenting on this post. To be honest I still did not decide what I want to do after I finish this course but that's ok since we still have a lot of time to evolve and decide what interests us and what we want to do.

      Delete
  5. Hello Leon , great blog post . The first far cry i played was actually far cry 4 and then far cry 5 I only played far cry 3 this year during lockdown, and i now know why its everybody's favorite. I also picked this course because of the wide range of options we have afterwards . its great that you got on so well after moving country and found loads of new hobbies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Leon, nice to read a bit about you in your blog. It's good to hear you have a positive experience coming to Ireland and you've gained a lot of friends from it. When it comes to FPS I loved Time Splitters back in the day on PS2 but I gave COD a go awhile ago and could not work it. You would annihilate me I'd say. See you around. Kevin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts